Monday, 8 April 2013

Reading and Writing response #5

Reading:

On Friday I forgot my book at home so i spent the class reading the Life in 5 Seconds book.  This book was a great way to fully experience what the Life in 5 Seconds pictures are all about.  Within the book there are lots of really fun and obvious plot lines.  There are also some plot lines that are more challenging to determine.  This book was a real brain worker in a different way than I am normally used to.  The pictures that they creators use sometimes make the plot line very easy to determine but there are others that I found rather hard to determine.  When I was reading the book I tried to figure out all of the different plot lines before i looked at what there actually were.  I was right most of the time.  This book was able to give me another point of view on some of the worlds biggest political surprises/ issues as some of them were depicted in 5 second plot lines.  One that I found stuck with me was the one of Barack Obama's run for US President.



Writing:

Recently we finished working on newspaper blackout poetry.  I found that this style of writing was fun and different.  The style of writing was also very challenging for me.  I found it hard to chose what i wanted to say with only limited word choice.  One unique thing about this style of writing was that you really have to think about how you are going to say what you want to say.  You might go into the style of writing with an idea of what you are going to do but then you realize that you don't have the words that you need so you really have to get creative with your work.  I am definitely going to keep using this from of writing because it is a challenge for me.  I really enjoyed working with the newspaper blackout poetry a lot because it made me realize that i am more creative then I really think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment