Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Reading and Writing Response #4

Six Word Memoirs:

I found the six word memoir assignment pretty challenging because it is very hard to say what you want using only six words.  When I first looked at the six word memoir assignment I thought it would be pretty easy.. I mean how hard can it be to add six words to a picture right? I was so wrong.  The six word memoir assignment taught me a lot about micro writing.  Even though micro writing is shorter then normal writing it is just as difficult if not harder.  My big surprise with the six word memoir project was how difficult it was for me.  I have always loved writing and I also have always love photography so I assumed it would be easy for me to bring these two passions together to create something new.  I learnt that i was a very elaborate thinker.  when i have to actually count my words it is very hard for me to limit myself to just six words.  So far in this Course i have learnt a lot about myself as a writer.  This course has also really opened me up to new forms of writing that i might not have considered to do on my own.

Blogging Field trip:

When we were doing our blogging field trip i was only able to comment on a few peoples blogs.  When I started doing the blog visits i started from the bottom and worked my way up our class list.  I really didn't have any specific order to what blogs i chose to look at.  Once i was on the blog I read all of the posts that person had posted on their blog.  On some of the blogs i just posted on the first or last post on their blog depending on the order that I read that persons blog in.  One blog that I really enjoy reading is Lochlan's blog.  I enjoy his blog because he makes a lot of posts.  I often check his blog when I have nothing to do and it always provides good reading material.  On some of the blogs I read I chose to post comments on posts that really stuck with me.  This post might not have been the first post or the last post but it was a post that really left me thinking about what was posted or about something of that nature in my own life.

Reading Reflection:

Lately i have been a very bad reader.  I have been spending a large amount of time travelling non-stop for the past few weeks.  this factor has ,meant that I have not had any time for reading.  I am still reading the book Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.  This book is an amazing book. I really miss the time i used to spend reading it. I would still recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good book to read.  When I am reading I use the questions/ comments/ predictions method.  Using this method of reading has really allowed me to take in more of the book.  This method is also cause me to really think more about what I am reading.  In the post when i was reading I might have just left something that I didn't understand alone but now I am really thinking about the stuff I don't understand.  This factor is leaving me with a greater understanding of the book overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment