Monday, 8 April 2013

Spring Break!

For spring break this year I decided that I wanted to go away.  So I chose to go to Prince Edward Island for spring break to visit my Aunt and Uncle that live there.  My Aunt and Uncle live in a little community named Hunter River.  There house sit on three acres of land with large gardens and large field space.  Although since I went in March there was still snow on the ground there.

I spent a week and a half on the Island and as usual when my time there was done i did not want to leave.  During my week and a half I went to the beach lots and did some shopping but most importantly I was able to just spend time with friends and family.

When I arrived I was greeted at the airport by my Auntie M (yes that is actually her name, and no she has nothing to do with the Wizard of Oz).  When she saw me she told me that My Uncle Eric was at home babysitting their new dog Gizmo.  I hurried to get my bags so that we could begin the 30 minute drive from Charlottetown to Hunter River.

Upon arriving at the house i was greeted by a large black dog named Gizmo. Little did I know that this dog would soon become just as special to me as my own dog.

I spent the next two days sleeping in and going to the beach so that Gizmo could go for a run.  Although when we went to the beach we had to wear heavy coats and heavy boots because the beach was very cold due to the wind coming off of the Atlantic Ocean.  The first few days we went to the beach you could not get to the water due to the big piles of snow along the shore.  In the following week we spent most of our time preparing for all the events of Easter.  Both my Aunt and Uncle are church ministers so they had to prepare for all of the church services that go along with the Easter weekend.

While I was away I spent the majority of my time just relaxing and hanging out with my family and friends.  Its hard to believe that its only been a week since I left. It feels like it has been much longer.  One thing i know for sure is that I can't wait to go back next time.

Above is Gizmo, and some pictures from the beach.  

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is awesome that you chose to spend your spring break with your family. I think that a lot of people think that spring break is the time to party and do crazy things, but personally, your trip sounded like a lot of fun. It sounds like you are close with your family, and it is always nice to go somewhere and be able to relax with the people your comfortable with. I've always wanted to go to somewhere in the maritime provinces but I have never had the chance to. It's always easier to go somewhere where you have family. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete